Saturday 7 April 2012

Zainab Morafa - Thriller Evaluation - 1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

There are many different conventions that fit into the thriller genre to get a better understanding all of them I made a PowerPoint presentation to illustrate to myself the different qualities I would have to consider when we had to make our own opening.  http://www.slideshare.net/ZainabMorafa/thrillers-10774426 I looked at the opening of 'The Interpreter' http://www.slideshare.net/ZainabMorafa/the-interpreter I dissected the opening of the movie and looked at the different conventions, while looking at the opening. I looked at the aspects of the opening that stood out to me and thought of different ways I could use that in my own opening, whist watching the opening.

In the opening of our Thriller 'Dissimulate' we used close ups and extreme close ups to show the audience our main characters, and showed that they were in school to give them a general idea of what ‘Dissimulate’ would be about these two shots were also used in the opening of ‘Limitless’ when I watch it I realised that it gave the audience a better understanding of the movie so they aren't left feeling baffled   right from the start of the film.










We then added clips that were memories to do with each character to show the audience of their past so that they could get a closer understanding of what the characters have been through. Many of the Thriller openings that I had previously watched the non-diegetic sound used had a direct link to the movie, for instance ‘Limitless’ the non-diegetic sound used in the opening enhanced the idea of life moving at a rapid speed which links in with the movie itself.     We decided to use ‘Demented Dreams’ because the tempo of the track was slow, and eerie which linked in with the slow pace of our clips and the longevity of the bullying that these girls had been through. Though our film is based at school and about life its different to typical Thrillers that are based around school, they mostly focus on teachers and student relationships or about a school trip when pupils go missing, I thought that it would be better to make a Thriller that has a link to the real world I decided it would be best to base it on Columbine something that I had previous knowledge on so it would be easy to include the background information.

No comments:

Post a Comment